Dear Students, Educators, and Faculty Administrators,
Do you have an interest in how products are packaged and designed? The Southeastern Chapter of the Institute of Packaging Professionals would like to invite you and your students to join us for the 3rd annual “48 Hour Re-Pack” Student Packaging Design Competition.
The 48-hour competition will start at 7 pm on Friday, February 24th 2012. All submissions must be received by 7 pm on Sunday, February 26th, 2012. The top ten winners will be announced on April 10th during the 2012 NEXTPACK Packaging Summit at Coca-Cola’s World Headquarters in Atlanta. Students will not only have the chance to win award money, they will have the chance to present their work to packaging and design professionals of major companies in the Southeast.
All participating students will receive a complementary pass to the NEXTPACK Summit on April 10, where the results are announced. This Summit is a great educational opportunity with guest speakers from Kraft, Method, and Brand Packaging Magazine. This is also an opportunity for students to network with brand, packaging, and design professionals with familiar companies around the region. All non-participating students will be admitted at a reduced rate of $25, and admission includes a copy of Eric Ryan’s book “The Method Method”.
WHAT’S NEW IN 2012?
In addition to the award money and recognition, the top ten teams will have the exciting opportunity to exhibit their design concepts in person right next to all other exhibiting sponsors! We are very excited to offer you another opportunity to form great relationships.
We also updated the competition website www.48hrrepack.com. The new website will give us the opportunity to upload all design entries directly–so no entries end up “in the drawer”. (Please note that additional images need to be provided by participating teams as listed in the instructions).
Our new blog gives you the opportunity to talk about your experience during the competition and keep you updated on other IoPP events in the area.
Thanks to our sponsors, we are able to provide great educational awards for the upcoming competition! This award money granted will be $2,000 for first, $1,000 for second and $500 for third place.
We are also are thankful to our great panel of judges for the 2012 competition:
- Jenni Heerink, Creative Director – DYMO, Newell Rubbermaid
- Barry Markwick, Design Manager, Kimberly-Clark
- April Crow, Global Sustainability Director – Packaging, The Coca-Cola Company
- Greg Fornasiero, Sr. Manager Packaging, The Home Depot
Please register on our website http://48hrrepack.com/contact, registration deadline is February 22, 2012.
48-HR REPACK STATS, 2011
- 123 students participated in the first event; students were allowed to work alone or form teams
- 29 individual entries were submitted and reviewed
- The top ten finalists received personal written reviews by the three judges from Coca-Cola, Product Ventures and Colgate-Palmolive
- The top three finalists were recognized by the organizers and presented their work in front of a wide-eyed group of corporate leaders in the design and packaging industry.
- The top ten entries were showcased throughout the event
- All students and participating packaging professionals enjoyed a great event and fantastic networking opportunities